Wednesday 22 February 2017

Tips To Maintain Having A Productive Day


As you might have gathered from my current lack of blog posts, university life has finally caught up with me. As we are nearing the end of our first year (yes I am aware that it is February but we finish lectures in just over four weeks... what?!) I have been given multiple module assignments and presentations to prepare for that have to take priority over modedeviebel. However, if there is one thing that I have taken from this experience it would be learning how to maintain a healthy routine in having a productive day that I thought I would share with you!

Stick to a Morning Routine
When I think about ways in which I can help myself achieve a productive day, this practise is by far the hardest. Like many university students, my ability to sleep in to a silly time has almost became apart of my morning routine (I basically don't see the morning) however recently I have been forcing myself out of bed even on mornings that I don't have lectures to ensure I get the most out of my day. If you struggle getting up early, try setting multiple alarms and move your phone to the opposite side of the room so you physically have to get up. My morning routine follows to drink a glass of water, do my hair and makeup and above all always try to eat something before I leave the flat. Cereal and fruit is always a good option.

Prioritise Your Tasks
I make lists, lots of lists. Food shopping lists, homework lists, to do lists, reading lists, to do lists for specific occasions. This may sound a little extreme but I find it so much easier to write everything I have to do down on a piece of paper, especially when it comes to planning an assignment or deciding which module to complete first as some are due in before others. By writing lists as well as having that reassurance that I haven't forgotten anything I also find myself achieving tasks quicker and more efficiently through prioritising my day.

Tidy Work Space Tidy Mind
As self-explanatory as it sounds, having a tidy space to work genuinely improves my productivity. Having a clutter free desk makes for less distractions and easier for you to find specific hand-outs that you might need to write your assignment.

Time Management and Taking Breaks
Procrastination is a university student's best friend. I'll just finish the episode then I'll start my work... Ok I'll make myself a cuppa then start my work... Woah look at me I opened a word document for my assignment better take a break... Instead of trying to put off the inevitable, force yourself to complete either a set amount of work or time working. Complete one point, take a break. Continue onto the next point, take a break. If you're in the zone don't stop but remember to reward yourself through time management and taking breaks. Additionally, try to work at a desk then when taking a break move to your bed or make conversation with someone in the kitchen to differentiate between your working environment and relaxation environment.

Get Physical
Taking part in some form of exercise is a great way to wind down from a day of working as well as acting as a form of stress relief. Once I've finished working, I try to spend sometime either at the gym or walking down to my nearest Tesco. Not only does it reduce my anxiety but also helps me sleep at night, which is a great bonus!

Sleep Deeply
Similarly to sticking to a morning routine, this is another pointer I find hard to put into practise. Trying to shut off at the end of a busy, productive day can be difficult, especially if you have an overactive mind like myself which is why I try to complete certain tasks before I go to bed to ensure I fall asleep at a decent time. More recently I have been making myself a peppermint tea in the evening and talking with friends. When I leave to go to my room, I set my alarms, turn my phone onto night mode and try to avoid any form of technology that might cause my mind to become active.

I hope you have enjoyed today's blog post! So far, these are my most effective tips in having a productive day that seem to be working for me. If you have any other tips feel free to leave me a comment and I'll see you again soon!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© modedeviebel | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig