Tuesday 8 December 2015

Step Back, It's Ok | 24 Days of Modedeviebel


This a bit of a strange topic to be talking about for Day Eight of 24 Days of Modedeviebel, however it seems to be one that has come up quite frequently recently and I couldn't avoid it much longer. I'm not quite sure where to start, so lets just go with the beginning...

Around two weeks ago, a close friend of mine approached me asking for some form of advice. Since the holidays are coming, she has been put under much more pressure than usual through aspects of her life such as her job, college, fellow peers, friends and family. Her work placement are asking for more hours, college giving out more handouts, and her friends and family wanting her to be more sociable on weekends but how could she..? She was travelling straight from college to work, to come home to do work college had set. She told me she needed to lay off something (at least for a little while) but felt incredibly guilty about doing so.

Obviously I told her she had nothing to feel ashamed about, why should she? Whilst it is good for young people to be proactive, we have to be aware that we are still young people. We have only a little experience in managing our lives in a working environment and even though the saying "practise makes perfect" is relevant it is okay for every once in a while to step back and not feel guilty about doing so.

That's when I realised, I do this daily - I'm sure most people do!

Whether it be college or my social life, I try to make people happy without really taking some time to myself and thinking about what I want. I have a tendency to overthink and push myself to thrive in something that ultimately no longer makes me happy.

Therefore, it's good to take a step back and breathe - gain a little perspective away from reality for everything to fall back into place again. This doesn't mean taking just the evening off... Take a few days off if you want to! Do everything you want or nothing it all. It is perfectly acceptable to take a few days to yourself.

If you go back to what you left and fall in love with it all over - great! If you go back and think, what the hell am I doing here? That's also great! At the end of the day, you're figuring out who you want to be, what you'll become and most importantly what's important in your life. Everyone is entitled to take a step back and spend some quality time with themselves.
Share:

2 comments

  1. Very true! Why stress over the small things when we should focus on what's important in life, making ourselves happy!x

    I love your style of writing btw :)x

    Aimee | AimeeSueXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you agree - I think it's very important for everyone to understand instead of getting stressed. And aw thank you x :)

      Delete

© modedeviebel | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig