Wednesday 9 December 2015

A Rainy Day Guide | 24 Days of Modedeviebel


Now that is December, it is safe to say that here in the UK we are guaranteed a lot of rain... Over the last month or so the weather has been manageable (a little shower here and there) but now it seems as though the heavens have opened! That's why on Day Nine of 24 Days of Modedeviebel I have come up with A Rainy Day Guide to keep you (or more myself) entertained.

Since I know I’m not going ‘out’ out and spending the majority of my day in doors, I tend to not bother with makeup as there is simply no point. Not to mention it’s very important every few days or so to let your skin breathe. Why not treat yourself to a face mask or scrub; giving your skin some well deserved TLC! This will leave your face feeling fully refreshed and healthy.

Whenever I find myself inside on a Rainy Day with nothing planned, I am most likely on my laptop switching from one site to the other on the basis that I’m bored. That’s why I’m bringing back the books! My current favourite book has to be All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven; "The Fault in Our Stars meets Eleanor and Park in this exhilarating and heart-wrenching love story about a girl who learns to live from a boy who intends to die."

Yes - this is a book that addresses mental illnesses such as depression and anxiety, but please, don't let this put you off reading Jennifer Niven's work! This book is complicated and conflicted and sad and so very, very beautiful. I think the reason behind my admiration for All the Bight Places is how much I can relate to certain characters, as well as (sadly) addressing the issue of how mental illnesses can sometimes be perceived. I just love this book! My younger sister is currently reading it and I am very excited to see her response. However, for this blog post I think I will start reading The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern that was recommended to me a while ago by a friend.

Another way to pass the time is (of course) baking! On Day Seven of 24 Days of Modedeviebel I baked scrumptious Chocolate Chip Cookies that could do quite nicely. Why not get a head start on the Christmas cake this year, or maybe even some homemade mince pies? I know that Zoe over at Zoella has posted how to make mince pies with an easy to follow recipe that I might give a try someday soon!

My last piece of advice perfect for any winter day is to cosy up! Bring down your duvet or make a fort out of pillows! Put on the fire, snuggle up with your favourite book and don’t forget about those newly baked treats!
Share:

2 comments

  1. All these ideas are really good for staying in on a rainy day. A face scrub and a good book would be wonderful for me. On a different note, You do have a lovely blog. And I have sent you an email♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you, I'm glad you enjoy it! I'll make sure to check it out (sorry I haven't been on my emails in a while) x

      Delete

© modedeviebel | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig